Tuesday 7 July 2015

DRAWING VEHICLES FOR CHILDRENS BOOKS



These days I am working on books about Fire trucks and Recycle trucks. These are very interesting truck shaped books with lots of detailed artwork hidden behind sliders for children to explore. I love drawing vehicles with lots of details. I try to include the realistic technical stuff but make it look cute and colourful and sometimes a bit crafty too with the use of patterns and stitches. I can't share the illustrations from these books yet so I thought it would be nice to share this illustration I did in 2012 for my first book published in the US in early 2013 called Way Up High in the Big Blue Sky This book involved researching about planes, helicopters and spacecrafts. This book is packed full of all kinds of flying machines with realistic details drawn in a very child friendly way. If you have a little one who is interested in flying machines then this book would be a wonderful gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment